11.22.2011

California Girls We're Undeniable....

Greetings loved ones, Let's take a journey! 
 I woke up today feeling inspired to post a new blog! The weather today in San Jose is 57 degrees and sunny. I am really starting to fall in love with California...hence, this blog post.

Things I love about California, A List:    
(That's for you Elizabeth)

1. Trees--------

There are so many different assortments of trees here and I absolutely love it. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my Oregon trees, but it's astonishing to me that I can walk down the street and see trees with changing red and orange leaves on the same street as a palm tree. 

You see that crazy little palm tree stickin' it's head above the rest? I took this pic during my first week down here on a lunch date with some of my coworkers... They were not as fascinated by the trees as I was. 
  Look at this whomping willow-esque tree! 
Gotta love it! 

And lastly *for now* I took this pic going into San Fran (don't know what nickname I like for the city yet, cast your votes!) So, this is a BEAUTIFUL tree along the bay as you take the 101 into Frisco.


2. Just Wait till you see this.....



That's right, all you Harry's and Hermione's out there! These are the washrooms at my work! What's not to love about this? Enough said.


3. In-N-Out. 

Plain and simple..... I can go to In-N-Out on my lunch break..... just not too often or I won't be able to wear my daisy dukes with a bikini on top ;)




4. Exciting things to do!

I love roller coasters! My roommates and I got a season pass to Great America, which is actually minutes away from my work. You can see Drop Zone from my work (by the way, I rode drop zone when we went the first weekend..... I've never been so terrified in my life. Look it up. The thought alone will make you queasy.) 
This second pic was taken at the 49ers game. I have no idea who won or anything that really happened at this game, but I had a great time. I ate delicious food, hung out with funny drunk people, and took some cool pictures. Don't tell anyone, but I spend a good portion of the game on wikipedia on my phone reading about the logistics of football.

5. Bridges and Wharfs 
(sounds like a cool board game!)

I've recently discovered a new passion of mine for architecture that extends over the water. I love bridges and wharfs! I used to be terrified of heights and standing near the edge of bridges, but I have realized as of late that I love it now! I'm going to try to discover more while I'm down here.


  On the wharf at Santa Cruz.  
Do you think these prints match our feathered friend?

Last weekend, I went to The Golden Gate Bridge and walked all the way to the north end and back. It was amazing. This was the second time in my life that I have walked that walk, but what I took away from it this time, was something totally different. I would love to tell you about it sometime. But anyway, here are a few pics from that adventure.


I was really loving the way the sun was casting a shadow on the rails, so here you can see me holding my coffee cup (another thing I love.)

I've really enjoyed going around and taking pictures, but it's even better to be able to share them. I hope that you will keep up with me on this adventure. I'm so grateful to have amazing family and friends to share this with. Thank you.



PS: There MUST be something in the water. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment