11.16.2011

A New Life

Where to begin? 
Let's be polite and start off with introductions! My name is McKenzie Brock. This is my blogspot :) This space is dedicated to keeping my family and friends up to date with all the changes in my life, and trust me, there are MANY.  If you have stumbled upon by blog by chance and do not know me, Welcome! Hopefully, if you are not creepy, we can become friends!


Where this began:
My Grandma and I went to lunch one day before I moved to California (this was about a month ago,) and she said to me, "McKenzie, you are not very good at keeping in touch when you move, and this needs to change." You cannot disagree with Grandma, so this is the promise I made and that I intend to keep: I will create a blog, and keep up to date postings on my life and activities and whatever other mayhem I come up with. Hence, this blog is a promise to my Grandmother and my attempt at staying in touch with all my loved ones. I hope that you enjoy, laugh, smile, and stay in touch with me as well.

Let's talk about me:
I'm a young woman who lives in California and works for a pretty cool *unnamed* company. They relocated me down here about a month ago to work on some global expansion projects. I am an adventuress (I think I just made up that word.) I love doing new things and exploring new places, which will probably be a large portion of my postings. I love cats and kittens and my roommates' dog Joei, I will include pictures of her later. I have traveled all over the US and hope to continue traveling internationally. I have a passion for theatre and music. I studied at The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York city. I love people, especially those with good communication skills. I collect records, books, and movies. 


Let's talk about this blog:
The name Kenzie's Broken Records, is kind of a hodge podge name that I created with the help of my roommate Kaitlin Freese,  my mom, and a lot of my friends on facebook. Basically, I will be posting stories and tales of my adventures, potentially some songs that I have written, and sharing my love for music. You will also notice that most of my postings will be based around a  song title or lyric. I promise I will try to be clever and keep you on your toes.




PS: After a little research, I realized I did not make up the word adventuress. Oh well :)
If you are curious, it is defined in the dictionary as a woman who schemes to win social position by questionable means or a woman who likes adventure. We'll stick with the latter. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment